Prince Gumball ( Full name Prince Bubba Gumball and previously known as ( Prince Blowpop ) is the gender-swapped version of Princess Bubblegum originally created by current series designer Natasha Allegri. After the gender-swapped characters were introduced in series of drawings and comics, they were featured in the season 3 episode "Fionna and Cake." Like Princess Bubblegum, Prince Gumball also has his own
loyal companion, Lord Monichromicorn. Prince Gumball has shown romantic feelings for Fionna, but that was actually the Ice Queen in disguise. However the real prince also had shown feelings for Fionna.
Prince Gumball has the same color schemeas his female counterpart. He has pink skin and his hair is somewhat in a quiff. His head is adoured by a small golden crown with a blue jewel. He wears a hot pink shirt with orange-pink cuffed sleeves with megenta stripes and under sleeves (accompanied by dark-pink sleeve cuffs) a large matching collar with a small jewel inside a gold crest on it. He has a belt with another gold crest and a small jewel design on the buckle, purple striped dark-pink trousers, and dark-purple shoes. Unlike his female counterpart, he also has visible pink eyebrows. Also, when his eyes, enlarge, they are purple. Kind of like how when Fionna's eyes enlarge they look exactly the same, only her's are blue.
- His name was changed form "Prince Blowpop" to "Prince Gumball" beacuase "blowpop" is a brand name.
- He and Lumpy Space Prince are the only two Princes to appear in the show.
- Art by Natasha Allegri shows he enjoys baking.
- Beacause Fionna is able to pick up Prince Gumball, that means either he is very light or Fionna is very strong.
- They still use his old name ( "Prince Blowpop" ) in some old pictures and comics.